Re: [gNewSense-users] why not do more?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] why not do more?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:32:37 +1030

rek2 GNU/Linux LO LO LO wrote:
my idea is that basically instead of suck on Ubuntu, to step by step become independent of them and more important

becoming properly independent would require a lot of work.

focus our attention to create, push for developers to reverse engineer non-free drivers

so, ahh.... your offering...?

that other distros/developers are not really
taking the time for it cause is easier to just install the non-free one.
This will not only make our distro a free version of ubuntu but a very important project all together for Free Software and development of this,

It will become important to free software if it is free software. Until gns is about 50 times larger then it is now, i wouldn't expect people to start trying to reverse engineer drivers [1].

and can be taking as a flag by many users and free software advocates.

A free system can be used to advocate, free drivers would be nice. But we don't have to write the drivers. the further upstream they get made, the larger the greater good.

just and idea.

[1] i wouldn't anyway, tbh

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org