Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free is not sufficient

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free is not sufficient
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:30:59 +0000

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 21:17, rek2GNU/Linux wrote:
> first of all let me explain that I am from Spain, living in Boston so my
> English is rusty and I talk in spanish like 90% of the day since lot of
> people talk Spanish here in Boston :-)
> now with that out of the way:
>
> I have to agree with you that we should let the user choose to be a
> "slave" or not, as long the software we provide is Free Software we have
> nothing to worry about, hmm is like
> a security tool, you can use  it in many ways, to us to package it and
> give it with the distribution cause is free software  wont mean that
> someone is going to use it for evil doing.. and even if they do is their
> choice..
> hope I get my point out. now if this package was not free then.. of
> course is not going into the system, wine case is free software so I
> vote that we indeed should include it also Samba. Samba sometimes is
> usefull in many ways and that don't means people is *only* going to use
> it to connect to non-free systems.. some people like to use samba
> between GNU/Linux systems and others.
>
> Chris Fernandez

Then again, it is a little odd having ndiswrapper in the repositories.  Though
theoretically it could be used with a Free windows driver I suppose.

--------
Andrew

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html