Re: [gNewSense-users] firefox?

From: Vim Visual
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] firefox?
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:10:26 +0100

This is a new distribution - we have other things to worry about then
confusing users. gns isn't the sort of thing you 'accidently' install
(whoops, i thought it was a RHEL cd...).

yes, but if people from the ubuntu forum or debian or suse or etcetc
hear: "hey, the gNewSense people have a new browser!" then you'll have
confusion. That's what I meant

yes, extensions are cool. but are they cool enough to have to support a
stack of packages on our own, or 'stabalise' packages taken from sid?

You don't have to worry about that. Seemingly ubuntu itself will be
using iceweasel in the next distros, so that you just have to take it
over

> Let's not confuse the community and go for iceweasel (and the logo I
> posted in the first email of this thread is nice :) )

"People with weak arguments build straw men like "won't anyone please
think of the children^Wusers?" far too often.  Please don't do it."

  - MJ Ray, "Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas (about opening files)"

Well I thought this was supposed to be THE free distro. If this is not
the place to bring the issue of firefox, where else? Not in the Novell
forum, for sure. This is not a weak argument.

fins ara, bon home...

Pau