[gNewSense-users] Re: IceWeasel (was: GNASH?)

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: IceWeasel (was: GNASH?)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:36:11 +0000

On 04/11/06, Andreas K. Foerster <address@hidden> wrote:
> The value of Firefox/Iceweasel is the universe of extensions
> available.

That sounds, as if you used the word IceWeasel in the sense of Debian,
ie. the same thing as Firefox, just with other graphics and another
name.

I first thought, you are talking about GNU IceWeasel, which has some
more changes.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Please clearify, what you are talking about.

I am talking about GNU Iceweasel. Although it is not just trademark
changes and has new features, I believe it is "binary compatible" with
the many GPL licensed programmes called "Firefox Extensions". For
example, I load www.customizegoogle.com into my Iceweasel.

At the moment, in GNU Iceweasel, you can go to the tools menu,
Extensions, and click "Get more Extensions", and a new tab will load
with https://addons.mozilla.org But I believe that the GNU Project
hopes to offer an extensions repository of only Free Software
extensions.

--
Regards,
Dave