[gNewSense-users] Intro...

From: amachu techie
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Intro...
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:03:20 +0530

Hi Guys,

This is Sri Ramadoss, Chennai, India. We are involved in translation of Ubuntu to Tamil Language.

We hope we can participate in gNewsense to tamil also.

Hey guys, I don't know whether its coincidental or magic....

Would you beleive it? We started a group "GNew" (since its sounds like GNU and also an abbrevation of "Generation New") at our office. Its a GNU/ Linux user group.

http://www.ubuntu-tam.org/lnt_gnew/pmwiki.php

And I found information about gNewsense!!! What a coincidence.

Please guide us.

Regards,

Sri Ramadoss M,
Founder - Ubuntu Tamil Team,
wiki: wiki.ubuntu.com/TamilTeam
IRC: amachu AT freenode, channel: #ubuntu-tam

On 11/5/06, Dave Crossland < address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/11/06, Xavier Maillard < address@hidden> wrote:

>    * I think a page on the website can be useful, which list non-free software
>    very used.
>
> Pretty useless. I do not really see why we should even talk about
> non-free software.
>    why blob are dangerous for linux ?:
>
> *seconds*

I think the first suggestion is in the spirit of the last. Like,

"The unethical, unsustainable proprietary software in the list below
are often included in GNU+Linux distributions, including the ones that
have a reputation for only including free software like Ubuntu,
Fedora, openSUSE and Debian. gNewSense is proud to be truly 100% Free
Software!"

--
Regards,
Dave