Re: [gNewSense-users] ppc version

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ppc version
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:58:51 +0000

On 11/3/06, Mariot Chauvin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Does a ppc version of gNewSense based on ppc ubuntu dapper version is planned ?

We currently don't have one, but it is intended that Builder support multiple architectures. We currently have x86_64 hardware available to us. Once one arch is done, doing others should be trivial.

My current idea is that you'd use a process similar to the current Builder, but when doing a do-update pull sources from the gNewSense repositries rather than Ubuntu and then dpkg-buildpackage. Then add in whatever extra is required to build the livecd.

Brian