[gNewSense-users] gNewSense LiveCD 1.0 Release

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense LiveCD 1.0 Release
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:00:18 +0000

I am pleased to announce the 1.0 LiveCD of gNewSense.

This brings a small number of changes from the release candidate:
- new artwork
- Builder: can now handle user-supplied artwork
- Builder: fixed bug for package version increment in do-update

The LiveCD can be downloaded from http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-1.0.iso (631MB)
and the source tarball from http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-cdsource-1.0.tar (1.7GB).

As of 0.93 we have been happy with the freedom of our distribution. Having undergone testing since then,
we are now sufficenty satisfied with the functionality to produce a 1.0. Getting this far wouldn't have been
possible without the help of many people including Frank Duignan, Joe Jackson IV, Ted Teah,
Justin Baugh, Li Jiang and Joshua "Jag" Ginsberg.

While the work on gNewSense is far from complete, we hope that this release will inspire people
to further use and promote free software, and take advantage of having all the source code
for everything running on their systems available to them.

Those wishing to assist the project should join #gnewsense on irc.freenode.net

Brian