Re: [Gnewsense-dev] hello and how to be a gNewSense developer ?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] hello and how to be a gNewSense developer ?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:33:44 +0100

Op Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:55:46 +0100
schreef GREen MOnster Games <address@hidden>:

> Why the next relase doesn't based on Debian 9. It's no sense that it
> 's based on Debian Wheezy ?
>
> If you want that we can make one contest with votations, we had talk
> about that, and now do you want the next release will based on wheezy
> without talk ?

The next release (Dunsink) will be based on Debian 8 (Jessie). Lordeddi
was basing his work on Builder on Wheezy, but seeing as he's focusing
on the parts that don't modify the actual packages that doesn't matter
much. The important thing is that it will work for a Debian version.

I find a Jessie based release important because that's the last that
still works on the Lemote Yeeloong. But I'll be glad for people to also
work on a Stretch based release. The package modifications should be
pretty similar.

I'm breaking up the work into smaller chunks, i.e. creating a task in
Savannah [1] for the gen-scripts. I've added a Dunsink category to get
started with. I encourage anyone who wants to help to adopt a task.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=gnewsense