Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Targeted hardware

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Targeted hardware
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:40:37 +0100

Op Mon, 23 Nov 2015 10:45:44 -0700
schreef Will Jones <address@hidden>:

> I was just wondering if there was any specific hardware that's being
> targeted by the gnewsense developers.

We don't currently add support for any hardware other than what Debian
supports. We give the Lemote Yeeloong some extra attention, but that
might end when Debian no longer supports it.

> I've recently become interested in chromebook hardware (i386/x86_64)
> because it already supports coreboot as a bootloader, so the only
> potential issues that I could see would be wifi drivers, but from
> what I can tell most of the other hardware support seems to be free
> software.

I don't have experience with chromebooks. If something doesn't work you
can always try a newer kernel from GNU Linux-libre.