Re: [Gnewsense-dev] bug #39671: xxkb: fully non-free

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] bug #39671: xxkb: fully non-free
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:01:03 +0530

> On 9/11/14, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> So did he manage to contact the copyright holder after all?

Well, no idea abouth that. He just replied that license is upgraded
and I verified it by downloading the source.

> I believe Whatsapp is non-free software. I'm sure there are free
> software XMPP clients that provide similar functions. Please consider
> using those.

> I'm guessing from your use of Whatsapp that you carry around a pocket
> computer. If you're worried about control then read some of the links
> [1] rms collects about the issues surrounding cell phones.

I can not find a fRee Software alternative. That way I should remove
Android too and put REPLICANT instead (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant_%28operating_system%29 ). and
should not install Google Play too, not ust whatsapp.  I don't seem to
find a free software alternative to whataspp. Firefox OS phones have
started coming to India but Firefox browser is not completely free,
hence I can not expect OS te be free.

And I should throw away (or at least stop using)  the
NOKIA/Samsung/(Anyone-Here) feature phones too . I can not use any
phone then because there is no company offering feature phones with
fully free OS.

This way I will cut and disconnect myself from this world. Even if I
could write an OS in ten years and release it under GPLv3, what about
the rest of 99% of phones.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/