[Gnewsense-dev] Parkes+1

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes+1
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 21:49:14 +0200

The next version of gNewSense will be called Ucclia. Continuing on the
astronomy theme, it's named after the location of the Royal Observatory
of Belgium [1]. The town is actually called Uccle, but Ucclia [2] sounds
cooler. :)

Dennis and me are working on patching the necessary packages [3]. Does
anybody else want to join in?

Minor setback is that the power plug socket on the Yeeloong I used to
compile for mipsel seems to be broken, making that machine a paper
weight. I'm now compiling with my other Yeeloong, which is also my main
workstation, so that's going a bit slower.

My Fuloong could theoretically take over, but the Wheezy kernel doesn't
run on that. I'm focusing my efforts on freedom and branding patches
right now, but patches to support the Fuloong are welcome.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Observatory_of_Belgium
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ucclia
[3] http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/packages-ucclia/