Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Translation

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Translation
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:32:46 -0500

2013/9/20 Nandakumar <address@hidden>
How can I translated our webpages? Can we use PO for the task?

There is a language selection widget ready to integrate with the
Web site [1], but unfortunately it does not use gettext nor PO files.
The process is more manual. For example, if you want to translate:

http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation

You select the target language from the list. If the page does not
exist yet, you will be asked to create a new page with the same
name as the original page, but with an extension that consists of
a "dot" and the two-letter code [2] of the language you selected in
the list. For example:

http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation.fr

Once the new page is created, you add the content from the original
page and translate it.

You can get an idea of how translations will work by watching the
video [1].

[1] http://videobin.org/+6u0/8be.ogg
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-1