Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Adding a Credits page to the Web Site

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Adding a Credits page to the Web Site
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:53:15 -0500

2013/9/20 Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
On Sat Sep 21 05:22:05 2013 Felipe Lopez <address@hidden> wrote:

> «This is a proposal to add a Credits page to the website listing all the
> people who have contributed or still contribute to gNewSense in any
> field. This page would be filled initially with all the people listed in
> the WhoHacksWhat page. The WhoHacksWhat page would become obsolete after
> all the people there have been moved to the Credits page.

If the content will effectively be moved i recommend renaming the page to maintain history.

> The main reason for proposing the Credits page as a replacement for
> WhoHacksWhat is that the name "Credits" seems more appropriate and easier
> to translate into other languages. Also, the name "Credits", in contrast
> with "WhoHacksWhat", does not imply that the people mentioned are still
> active in the project.»

who hacks what wasn't intended as a credit listing :)

Ah, yes. It says it's purpose is to "help record what people are hacking on in the
gNewSense project". I'll leave WhoHacksWhat untouched then.

> I'd like to know what you think. If you agree with the proposal, I'll
> start a new task in Savannah [2] to implement the changes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> [1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Development/Proposals/AddCreditsPage
> [2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=gnewsense

with the renaming caveat i would say go for it.

Great.

Thanks Sam and Karl for your feedback.

Thanks,
kk