Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Improving Development Page Structure

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Improving Development Page Structure
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:31:52 -0500

2013/9/1 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Op Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:36:43 -0500
schreef Felipe Lopez <address@hidden>:

> I've written a proposal [1] with what I think could help improve the
> current Development page [2] in the website.
> (snip)
> I'd like to know what you think. If you agree with the proposal, I'll
> start a new task in Savannah [3] to implement the changes.

I like the structure and look. The HowToHelp page is targeted at
potential contributors to gNewSense of any kind. This page seems to be
mostly targeted at coding contributors. How do we invite other types
of contributors into our community?

Hmm... That was not the intention, though. I wrote that page thinking in the
word "development" as the process in which people make something grow
and become more advanced, so that contributors from any field could feel
welcome, as I mentioned on the second paragraph of the proposal. But if
these words, "development" and "developers", are more often connected
to programing or coding in English, then I can see the problem.

I'll think about something else.