Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Access to development machine for contributors

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Access to development machine for contributors
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:13:04 +0200

Op Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:10:08 +1000
schreef Karl Goetz <address@hidden>:

> Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We should be able to tweak our rebuildd setup [1] with a source_cmd
>
> I am pleased and somewhat surprised it is still running :-)

Yep, though your head-scratchy comments in the configuration still apply
if I recall correctly. E.g. I still manually call the supposedly hourly
cron job that scans for source packages. I never bothered to check why
it doesn't run automaticaly, because some other manual intervention is
needed anyway and I don't like waiting. :)

> > and post_build_cmd that would also scan home directories, so that
> > developers could upload source packages to the build queue. But you
>
> I thought it already did that by pulling packages from home
> directories, or am I getting MTT wires crossed?

That was the metad setup that scanned userpools.

> We used to have regular issues with then 'going away' for weeks at a
> time - no idea what the current state of play is of course.

Ah, not so reliable then.