[Gnewsense-dev] More work on branding

From: Marek Buras
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] More work on branding
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 01:22:19 +0200

Hey list!

I haven't seen much activity in this area recently, so I've took the liberty of
cleaning up some packages. Hope that'll be right by you. I'll try to describe
all the changes I made as brief as possible.

1. desktop-base
   I've removed most of Debian's default artwork (we have our own) and then
   added themes for KDE users (are there any of them here?). I've done some
   minor corrections to preinst/postinst files too.

   Everything is available from my personal repository:
   bzr://mmm5ahpcvvxigdgm.onion/gns-contrib/pkgs-parkes/desktop-base

2. live-build
   I've imported splash images from Felipe's repository, so we can use it on
   our own LiveCD images. After it'll be commited, MichaƂ could continue his
   work on live-build and we'll be able to craft some ISOs and show them to the
   users.

   You can grab the sources from:
   bzr://mmm5ahpcvvxigdgm.onion/gns-contrib/pkgs-parkes/live-build

3. galaxia
   Felipe has done some work on the artwork recently but I haven't found the
   time to browse his repository[1] thoroughly. I've imported corrected
   versions of some files from there to close #38180[1], but then I've noticed
   that GNOME does not use our artwork by default, so we should add some
   "dh_gconf magic" to handle the situation correctly. I think we can import
   the most recent version too (0.7.1). If no one is working on that, I can
   take care of this too.

Note that some time ago all my contributions have gone to the "onion land",
because I don't have the possibility to publish them as I did in the past. If
you have any problems with tor, I've wrote some notes on the subject on our
wiki[3]. In most cases "usewithtor bzr URL" should do the work but if there
are any problems with accessing the content, please drop me a line.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/galaxia/
[2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38180
[3] http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Tor

Happy hacking!