Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Laptop Disk failure

From: Mikel Forcada
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Laptop Disk failure
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:57:50 +0200

Hi Karl, hi gNewSensers far and wide:

If recovering Karl's data happens to be important for gNewSense as a project, and if gNewSense itself does not have any funds in a drawer for that purpose, I am sure many of us would be ready to donate a small quantity to cover the costs of recovery. I am!

Mikel

P.S. Maybe we can also cover the fees of a crash course on "how to back important stuff up". Just kidding.

Al 07/18/2012 12:47 PM, En/na Karl Goetz ha escrit:

Hi all,
after a time i have confirmed that My laptop hard disk has failed. Not sure what this means in a practical way for the project (i expect very little), but i can be sure i no longer have access to anything. Gpg and ssh keys are on the failed drive.

I am hoping to get the data recovered but will be quite expensive - so unlikely to be soon. If i get it recovered i will need to revoke my keys anyway, as an unknown 3rd party will have had access :(

I will be emailing the fsf sysadmins to let them know soon.

If you have any questions send me an email off list.
Thanks,
kk