Re: [Gnewsense-dev] wrong permissions on wiki AND www

From: Siddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] wrong permissions on wiki AND www
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 22:39:43 +0530

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 21:48 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:

> Good start. I quickly skimmed over it. Some things I noted:

> - Our distro name has funky capitals. It's best to write "gNewSense"
> consistenly throughout the website.

I raised the 'N' and 'S'.

> - your -> you're (where applicable)

Funny, I didn't know the difference between the two, I had to refer the
dictionary for it. I have edited the text accordingly.

> - Why use 'single single quotes' in some places and emphasis (''double
> single quotes'') in others?

This is a habit a fussy habit that I inadvertently developed. Period. I
thought some wiki formatting will do good. So I have _capitalized_ the
words referring to buttons. Keywords and the string 'gnewsense-users'
are in monospace and certain non-trivial words are in italics now.

> - It occurred to me that we says that all doc is GFDL and all artwork is
> CC-BY-SA at the bottom. That contradicts with the image you added and
> even with the license of the gNS logo, IIRC. I'm not sure if that's
> really a problem. Perhaps we should add "unless stated otherwise" or
> else be more strict about what gets put on the wiki. Something to think
> about.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses

Check out the cc by-sa section. The page says "This is a copyleft free
license that is good for artistic and entertainment works, and
educational works. Please don't use it for software or documentation,
since it is incompatible with the GNU GPL and with the GNU FDL."

But it is for version 2.0 (cc by-sa). Is version 3.0 (cc by-sa)
compatible with GNU FDL ?.

Anyways, I have removed the image from the page.

> I'll let Graziano do that to test if his access changes worked. :)

Graziano has duly added the text in the "Join the gNewSense Community"
page. Thanks for that Graziano !.

> Removing spam is reserved for superusers. That's only me currently. If
> you see spam, leave it alone, because the "remove spam" action doesn't
> work anymore when multiple authors have edited a page. If it's not gone
> after a week, tell me to stop slacking off. :)

Okay, I will do that. LOL.

--
Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you
going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and