Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Migrating PmWiki bug tracker to Savannah

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Migrating PmWiki bug tracker to Savannah
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 20:45:42 +0200

Ben Sturmfels wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to have a go at the bug tracker migration task:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam

Excellent, saves me the trouble. :)

Could someone send me a copy of the relevant PmWiki data files? I gather the bug tracker is an extension to PmWiki.

Indeed. I tarred up the bug files [1].

I see that Oliver Heard did a substantial amount of work on this task a bit over a year ago. Oliver's program appears to screen-scrape the web interface for the bug tracker. I wondered if perhaps it might be easier to work directly from the PmWiki data files.
https://bitbucket.org/oheard/gimt/

You might be interested in the code we used to migrate from PmWiki to MoinMoin [2]. It can generate intermediate XML from PmWiki data files.

Karl had some discussion with the folks from Savannah and it sounds like they'd be comfortable to import the data formatted as MySQL inserts, which sounds good to me:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2009-08/msg00191.html

Although Slyvian from Savannah said that the posters/submitters/assignees will need to be set to anonymous, I'm sure I can manually translate the users for the main contributors.

Nice. It would be great if you could keep the metadata of the others in some structured form in the Savannah comments.

[1] http://bugs.gnewsense.org/bugs_pmwiki.tar.bz2
[2] bzr://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/gnewsense/wikimig/

Good luck,

Sam Geeraerts