Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnu-doc package: glibc and emacs problems

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gnu-doc package: glibc and emacs problems
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:03:48 +0930

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:52:17 +0200
Christophe Jarry <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > This installs all info files in /usr/share/info, how could I
> > > install emacs related info files inside a directory
> > > named /usr/share/info/emacs-23.1?
> >
> > Is this needed for some reason? if not i'd suggest leaving it where
> > it is.
>
> Maybe is that because the number of info files for Emacs is relatively
> high: 87 files (elisp, emacs, gnus, etc).

perhaps use the emacs22 package in metad as an example.

cd /tmp
apt-get source emacs22-common
cd emacs22-22.2+2/debian
$ grep 'usr/share/info' rules
infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-$(major_ver) \ confflags +=
--infodir=/usr/share/info
$(pkgdir_common)/usr/share/info/$(info_subdir)/$$f; \ rm
$(pkgdir_common)/usr/share/info/emacs-$(major_ver)/dir rm
$(pkgdir_common)/usr/share/info/emacs-$(major_ver)/dir.old

kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au