Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:37:15 +0200

address@hidden schreef:
1) apt-get source <package>
Then:
bzr add xulrunner-1.9.1.4/

2) Make a bazaar branch out of it and commit it.
How? Is this sufficient:
bzr branch xulrunner-1.9.1.4/ sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/gnewsense/packages --use-existing-dir

Sorry, my quick and dirty guide to metad patches assumed you had experience with Bazaar. Let me expand on it. The bzr man page says

Recipe for importing a tree of files:

           cd ~/project
           bzr init
           bzr add .
           bzr status
           bzr commit -m "imported project"

Maybe you have previously worked with Subversion, where everybody commits to the same repository. Bazaar (as a distributed VCS) works a bit differently in that commits happen on your local branch. It's only when you push it that others get to see you changes.

By the way, you'll want to leave off the version number from the directory name, because the version is going to change when the package gets updated later (e.g. sync with upstream).

3) Apply the fix.
4) Build the package and test it.
5) Commit the fix.
6) Push the branch to Savannah.

This would be something like:

sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/gnewsense/packages/xulrunner

7) Add it to the mrconfig source.
8) Upload the package(s) to archive.gnewsense.org (or ask someone who
has access to do it).