Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:42:47 +0200

> > I don't know how your setup works, but in we have both a cleaned up
> > Ubuntu and a Trisquel repo, and if both are in the same partition
> > reprepro will use hard links to fill the second one, making the
> > first one take less than a GB.
>
> They have to be under the same mirror root don't they (rather then
> simply on the same partition)?

They need to be in the same partition, otherwise the hard link can't be
done. Other than that, I think reprepro will use hard links instead of
copies when you use a file:/ path in the final repository updates file.

Both repositories are completely independent, each one with its
own /conf, /db and other stuff. We are using reprepro 3.5.2-6.