Re: [Gnewsense-dev] changes to metad repository layout+python-apt

From: Ziro
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] changes to metad repository layout+python-apt
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:23:13 +0900

At Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:51:13 +0930,
Karl Goetz wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I've changed the layout of our security and volatile repositories.
> I'm also uploading an updated python-apt, which should be aware of the
> changes.
>
> This means:
>  - if your sources list looks for security updates on a line ending like
> this:
>
>  gnewsense-security metad main
>
> it will be broken. the new format is
>
>  gnewsense-security metad/updates main
>
> See the next points :)
>
>  - software-properties-gtk works
>  - if you have an existing sources.list, s-p-g will probably put all
> existing entries under 'third-party software'. empty your sources.list
> manually, or delete the entries with s-p-g and you should be good to go.

I emptied my sources.list and ran s-p-g, and checked Core software
(main) and Source code.  When I press Close button, s-p-g prompted to
update information, but it failed because it tried to download from
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-mipsel-l/pruned-upstream/,
which is our old repository.  My s-p-g version is 0.60.debian-2gns1.

--
Ziro <address@hidden>