[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Brightness changes spontaneously

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Brightness changes spontaneously
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:05:41 -0400

On 04/09/2010 10:06 AM, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 04:31:27PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Note also that the backlight adjustment logic has gone through a great
> deal of evolution since the version we are currently using.  We are
> using version 2.20, and the last release is 2.30.  So far I've only
> backported a single small fix from April 2008, but it might be
> worthwhile to consider a more extensive backporting effort.

Thanks, this was a super-informative email - also glad to see you're
finding the yeeloong useful :-)

Re: backporting, current plan is to rebase gNewSense metad on Debian
Squeeze, which currently ships with gnome-power-manager 2.28 - however
that might be updated to 2.30 before the (probably around June) freeze,
and when the (probably before end of year) release happens a newer
version will probably get in squeeze-backports.

BTW if you happen to be around Cambridge sometime, I could use help
getting some build infrastructure up for that (same place as dinner).

--
Daniel JB Clark | http://pobox.com/~dclark | Activist; Owner
           \|/