[Gnewsense-dev] leemote SMI VGA chip - is a datasheet available?

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] leemote SMI VGA chip - is a datasheet available?
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:19:00 +0000

hi,

rms asked me if i could look at the leemote 8.9in netbook's VGA driver
/ fbdev / xorg, and advised me that this address is the best place to
ask regarding available information.  if i am to help, i need to know:
is it a plain no-info reverse-engineering effort, or is there actually
a datasheet available?  basically, what's the current status, and what
info is presently available?

tia,

l.