Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware

From: Lars Nooden
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: PowerPC Hardware
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:12:20 +0200

Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Did you read the Debian documentation [1] about this? It seems that only
> mirrors with particular tags are good to mirror from.
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror.en.html

Yes, I've read that one, but still seem to miss some detail about rsync.
The sites I tried should have had rsync available:
 http://mirror.debian.org/status.html
So the mistake is on my end probably.

Karl Goetz wrote:
> Then use http?

Use of HTTP and FTP is discouraged in the guides for obvious reasons.
rsync seems to be the sustainable option.

Could you post the settings for a working debmirror setup on or off
list?  It's easier to start from an example.

/Lars