Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Closing Yeelong cover fails to shut off display

From: samy boutayeb
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Closing Yeelong cover fails to shut off display
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:47:39 +0100

Le dimanche 27 décembre 2009 à 23:30 +0800, Wu Zhangjin a écrit :

> Sorry, I have not enabled the yeeloong_ecrom module with 2.6.32 for it
> is very "dangerous" to write the ec rom, If you really want to try it,
> please compile the module:
>
> arch/mips/loongson/lemote-2f/yeeloong_ecrom.c
>
> but I have never tested it with 2.6.32, so, please use 2.6.31(Have been
> tested) and 2.6.27.
>
> Best Regards,
>       Wu Zhangjin

Thank you Wu Zhangjin for the warning!

I prefer not to risk to brick the Yeeloongn, without knowing of a rescue
procedure!

By the way, is there a procedure to unbrick a machine after a failed ec
or pmon upgrade? The Yeeloong has a undocumented connector (with 4 pins)
inside the hard disk enclosure, near the battery. Does it could be used
to repair a damaged unit?

Regards,

Samy