Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32.2-libre-lemote and 2.6.31.9-libre2-lemote

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32.2-libre-lemote and 2.6.31.9-libre2-lemote
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:45:41 +0800

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 16:48 +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:54:38 +0800
> Wu Zhangjin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Somewhat off topic question, but:

> > > Confirmed.
> >
> > Yes, the fan still stays on, but the PWM will be smaller(will be put
> > into the smallest level(1, the other two 2, 3)).
>
> Does this mean the machine could be woken up in software after a
> certain time suspended?

in software? no, only in hardware, we need an external interrupt to wake
up the processor from the wait mode(the cpu frequency is set as ZERO in
this mode and can be waked up by an external interrupt).

> > revision of YeeLoong, the power supply of it should be redesigned to
> > implement the real STR, then we may turn of the fan totally.
>
> STR?

Suspend To RAM(STR), the current implementation should be standby, not
the real STR ;)

Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin