Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Add a gnu to the penguin

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Add a gnu to the penguin
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:25:39 +0000

Lars Nooden wrote:

A splash screen for X with a Gnu theme would be nice for branding the
distro and visually identifying versions of the distro.  What are the

This is an art team call, to be accepted or rejected by devs.

meaning of the names deltah and metad?  Those might be played on in
making a Gnu image.
This was:
The delta was a measure of change.
The h is to note which upstream the version came from, i.e. don't mix deltad and deltah unless you want pain. It was so called to allow maintainers to work out which version someone was looking at.

Metad well you will have to wait on Karl to say, if I am right it is meta and upstream cos it takes in more arches. d being the starting letter of the other case (deltad) - I could be wrong here and most likely am.