[Gnewsense-dev] VLC in builder for deltah

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] VLC in builder for deltah
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:36:14 +0100

Hi Karl,

I tried to send this to address@hidden , but it doesn't seem to have got
through, which is also the story with my earlier email to the general gNewSense
email list.

I'm not sure what is going on since I am receiving emails from both lists.

Andrew.

--------------

As someone pointed out (sorry I forget who), the source source files for VLC
actually exist in gNewSwense deltah, so simple addition to builder would
compile the packages and make them available.

This was noticed as a consequence of the the freedom bug being noticed in VLC,
and this script also removes the offending file.

Now, this is my first contribution to Builder, so I hope that it will do what I
intend (licence terms the same as the rest of Builder of course):

####### gen-vlc ################

. config

rm -rf $WORKINGDIR
mkdir -p $WORKINGDIR
cd $WORKINGDIR

apt-get source vlc$VERSION
apt-get --yes build-dep vlc$VERSION
cd vlc-*

rm modules/stream_out/transrate/putvlc.h

echo | dch -D $RELEASE -v $(sed  -n
'1s#^.*(\(.*\)).*#\1'${DISTRONAME_L}${VLC_VERSION}'#p' debian/changelog)
"Changed to remove non-free file"

dpkg-buildpackage $DPKGOPTS

#####################

config would need a new line under "# Version numbers":

VLC_VERSION=1

and do-update would need a new "ensure_updated" line under "# General"

ensure_updated base-files base-files $RELEASE$distro_release ./gen-vlc
$VLC_VERSION

I have installed and tested the 14 .deb files generated by "fakeroot
debian/rules binary" and they seem to be working. I have even been able to
encode to MPEG1 so the non-free file does not seem to be affecting that at
least.

I would happily place them on my server for people to download and test if that
feel it necessary.

Andrew.