Re: Deltad archive (WAS: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gN

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: Deltad archive (WAS: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gNewSense)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:09:54 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:23:25 -0400
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

    > http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-deltad/pool/universe/d/d4x/
    > http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-deltad/pool/universe/i/ivman/

    Its our 1.x release - the archive is only available for systems
still running 1.x/historical interest.

Please delete the non-free programs from those archives too.
Just being in an old release doesn't make it ok to distribute
proprietary software.

Can anyone think of a good reason to keep these repos public facing?
We may be required to keep the source 'net facing, but the binaries?

I'm wondering this since its meant to be a dead release. If its still
going to take dev power to maintain, perhaps its easier to keep it
properly retired.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be surprised if anyone uses deltad anymore. You could ask on the gnewsense-users mailing list for good form.