[Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense metad mipsel video driver

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gnewsense metad mipsel video driver
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:33:20 +0200

I have a major problem with gnewsense metad mipsel.
It is currently using fbdev instead of the original siliconmotion video
driver which slows it down A LOT (scrolling down pages with epiphany is
a pain).

I know D-- from #beijinglug made its own distribution which used an
hacked siliconmotion video driver.

I think that providing this driver as a choice will improve gnewsense
performance greatly but I can't do this alone.

I need your help.

For gNewSense developers to include the driver we need to understand
what changes D--made, apply those ones to the current gns siliconmotion
driver and test it.

I can test it but I don't have the needed knowledge to do the previous steps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D--'s old distribution is here: medan.cinnamonpirate.com

The newest one which is a gnewsense hacked with its changes, hacked video
driver included is here:

http://repo.elsallia.com/Medan.Disk.Image.(Yeeloong.20090616).7z

Thank you all.

--