Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki: documentation for gNS website maintenance

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki: documentation for gNS website maintenance
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:00:00 +0930

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:22:26 +0200
address@hidden wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to help improve the website in various aspects, including:
>
> - apache automatic redirection to user's language for gNS main site,
> - debugging of gNS website css style sheet,
> - tweaks to handle PmWiki the way we want (search box, title in title
> bar...).
>
> I wondered if there were already a section of the wiki part which
> documents this kind of tings: a page to directly download css style
> sheet, another to see actual .htaccess file of wiki site and such
> things to improve website and wiki behavior.

No there isn't, per se. What there is are pages like this:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/BugTrackingSystemMigration
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/WikiMigration
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Roadmap/Roadmap

While it would be great to have some more help on the website front,
I'm wondering if you would be willing to do work on finding some
pros/cons for using some of the webapps discussed on the lists a few
months ago.
In my mind the two main contenders were Trac and and Redmine. Since
then I've setup a Savannah project for gNewSense, where (soon) all
builder hacking will happen, and hopefully all other project related
code.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gnewsense

I'm still not entirely happy about running our BTS externally, but I
can definitely see benefits to having it with our code, and in savannah.

We've had a webapps discussion twice already, so I'm not sure I want to
start another just now. But if you could (perhaps with me) look into
those options it would be a great help.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)