Re: [Gnewsense-dev] what now?

From: avr
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] what now?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:11:27 +0100

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 04:02:14PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Great! How can we support you? What do you need?

Mainly brave volunteers with a yeeloong which they are not
depending on it for anything important. They could install orchid in a
directory or
on a partition and help compile the remaining bits [1] and hammer out problems.
Ideally they would have some global knowledge about (debian) building tools and
how
to hack around failed builds[2].

The repository is close to working (actually it is working, but because I
mass-uploaded the .debs they all got assigned priority "standard", which
confuses debootstrap).
I expect it to be usable in the next few days.

        friendly,
        Andreas

1 the remaining "bits" are actually considerable chunks, with heavyweights
such as qt and gnome and a lot of packages they extend their dependency
tentacles into.

2 failed builds should become increasingly rare as more and more dependencies
are met with official packages.