Re: [Gnash] There is another OSS Flash alternative.

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] There is another OSS Flash alternative.
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:44:50 -0600

On 10/30/12 00:32, Devin Harper wrote:

> Lightspark is another open source software Flash alternative licensed under
> the LGPLv3. I was wondering if the Gnash project is aware of it and if it
> could mediate a consolidation of each groups' efforts. I've tried
> Lightspark several months ago and it was not able to play sound for Youtube

  I've had talks with the Lightspark team, and the architecture of
Lightspark would make it difficult to integrate into Gnash in any way.
The only real way would be to write an NPAPI library for Gnash, so it
could run Lightspark the way it needs to work. Nobody seems to want to
fund such a task, so it's never happened.

        - rob -