Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:47:00 +0200

Hi,
you have to patch the configure file to have the faster solution, but i think there is something wrong with your compiler since it should recognize -mthreads

 *mingw* | *cygwin*)
   pthread_flags="-mthreads"
   ;;

So check first of all if the compiler is ok, or try also cygwin that imho is better to use and has almost all dependencies ready to use

Andrea

address@hidden ha scritto:

Dear All,

Well, you might remember that I was interested in putting the output of gnash on an OpenGL texture for later used by other applications. I have considered the Cairo renderer and ShivaVG but in all honesty what I really need is something that can interprete SWF files (as in, I need a powerful content creation tool that my non-programmer colleagues can use).

So, I ended up looking around the gui directory and indeed I found what I was looking for under SdlOglGlue::render() of sdl_ogl_glue.cpp, where I believe I can start putting my FBO stuff. So, all nice and good. Btw I am using the trunk version of gnash.

Now to really test it with my own app I need to do it under windows. I followed the instructions under http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Cross_building_with_mingw to cross compile it but sadly this didnt work* (tried with both the latest bzr version and with 0.85). The error message is that the compiler doesnt understand "-mthreads" (using g++ 4.3.3). Has anybody any idea how to resolve this? (I am using the sys-root given on the wiki). The configure I use is the following:

./configure --enable-gui=sdl --enable-media=none --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --disable-plugins --with-top-level=../sys-root/mingw --enable-renderer=ogl

Is there any tutorial out there to compile gnash natively on windows instead of cross compiling it from linux?

    Thanks everybody!

          Erick

* special note: I had to do the following before running the configure if you care to know:
export CFLAGS=-I/home/myaccount/sys-root/mingw/include/

otherwise it couldnt finde "windows.h"