Re: [Gnash] A word to potential Gnash developers

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] A word to potential Gnash developers
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:51:10 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:24:03AM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:

> It is entirely appropriate to warn people reading the Gnash list to
> avoid not to get involved with a vicious mob, or at least to get a
> contract and a good international lawyer first.
> If you don't, my experience is that unless you lick Rob's hands and
> kow-tow to despotic "decisions" taken in private cliques, the chair
> can at any time be kicked out from under you without warning.

My experience is different. I'm not used to lick anybody's hands.
I never did and not planning to.
Getting involved in Gnash is not a matter of chairs or money,
for me it's a matter of freedom.
As any other free software project, this one is based on people's
needs/desires and efforts put on satisfying them.
Rob effort has been invaluable so far, as it handled to find funds
for others to be able to spend more time then they could possibly
spend on it. The money are a mean, not the goal. A free flash player
is the goal of the Gnash project. And it's having good progress.

If you have problems with Rob you should discuss them with him,
or you're just spreading FUD. You might find this article interesting:

What are you moved by ?

--strk;