Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs? (Dave Crossland)

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs? (Dave Crossland)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:04:50 +0000

'Easy on the "spyware" charges, Martin Guy

Question: is it true? If it is true, it is not libel.

I have no first-hand information, I am simply quoting a well-informed
source who has made technical trials with a net bridge between the
flash-movie-playing box and the internet and discovered that many
flash movies send all sorts of personal information about yourself,
your computer and your viewing habits to various places.

I *presume* that is is the flash movies themselves that perform the...
er.. "market research" functions, not the Adobe player itself. At
least, I hope so!

Is it wise to include the: 'Avoid Flash spyware!' on the Gnash website?

If it is true, yes. If it is false, very unwise.