[Gnash] Malformed header files in gstreamer development package.

From: Onkar Shinde
Subject: [Gnash] Malformed header files in gstreamer development package.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:15:02 +0530

Hi all,

Recently while compiling latest CVS (on Ubuntu 6.06) I faced this
issue described in following bug.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gstreamer0.10/+bug/54281

The response on this bug is as follows:
***********************************
Stuff like:

typedef enum {
  GST_EVENT_TYPE_UPSTREAM = 1 << 0,
  GST_EVENT_TYPE_DOWNSTREAM = 1 << 1,
  GST_EVENT_TYPE_SERIALIZED = 1 << 2,
} GstEventTypeFlags;

is there (in the dapper version of gstreamer, edgy doesn't have the
last comma). This is allowed by the C99 standard at least but not by
C89. I think the dapper version of gstreamer will still fail with
latest CVS of gnash because they compile with -pendantic -ansi which
forces and older standard than C99 and simply let it fail to build.
Thus the gnash guys should either raise their gstreamer requirement to
0.10.9 (which doesn't have the additional comma) or don't add these
strict specification to one C standard to their build process.

For now I have manually modified the header files. Please let me know
if there is any other better approach.

Onkar