Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:06:36 +0100

Rob Savoye wrote:
I figured out how mozplugger passes the X11 window ID to the plugin, and added support to the standalone player to use this if specified. This lets mozplugger make Gnash run in the embedded window in your browser like it should. Now I can use Gnash while browsing :-)

Add this to mozpluggerrc, build Gnash from CVS (I just checked in the path to make this work), and off you go... This should work on 64 bit systems as well.

application/x-shockwave-flash:swf:Shockwave Gnash
nokill embed noisy ignore_errors hidden fill swallow(Gnash) loop: gnash -v "$file" -x $window
    : gnash -v "$file" -x $window

I supose mr. mailman rejected my last email because of the attached
image. So now I don't send it and just send you a URL to the image.

-------------

It's also _really_ slow.
The elvis.swf from the testsuite put my cpu on fire ;) But I
supose it's because I don't have opengl hardware acceleration...

  root      25   0  280m 212m 6496 R 94.8 24.3  16:10.62 Xorg
:O

It also does some weird thing on the display.
You can see it under this URL:
http://sebastia.homelinux.net/~jo/varis/gnash_mozilla_plugin.png

Is my config?
Note: GNU/Linux/Debian/PUREamd64/unstable

Kind regards
SebastiĆ

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com