Re: [Gnash] Urgent: An error occured while configure!!!

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Urgent: An error occured while configure!!!
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:13:38 +0800

On 2/3/06, gharbi taoufik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Everything is working now. I have used "dos2unix" with certain files to
> eliminate this imcompatibility between unix and windows (cr lf : carriage
> return line feed; n : new line).

Ah, I see what you meant now. Great to hear it's working!

> I have some questions:
> 1- can i build gnash under embedded linux (MontaVista kernel version 2.4.20)
> with ARM 9 processor? I'm gonna to try it.
>
> 2 - Does anyone in this mailing list has such experiences? If yes, so could
> s/he give me some advices?

I don't know. I'm going to reply with the mailing list in CC:, so
maybe someone else who knows can respond. I'd suggest if you want to
reply to my e-mail, you also include address@hidden in the CC: line. My
guess is, nobody has tried ARM before, and it might work and might
not. Of course it's in our goal to support every architecture, so if
you have any knowledge of debugging or programming, your help would be
much appreciated with any problems you have running it.

> PS: I have tested gnash. It can play flash movie clip untill Flash MX
> version. But can't play precompiled movie with flash 8. So the last question
> in this email:
> Is there any intiative or plan to upgrade gnash (Version 8 )  ?

We are targeting version 7 right now, however we don't totally support
7 (or of course we would have a release already), and we might have
support for a few features particular to 8 (I don't know what 8 added
off hand). Of course, our eventual goal is to support all the flash
versions perfectly, however officially we are largely working on the
features used in version 7 right now.

- Mike