[Gnash] undefined references to libpng

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: [Gnash] undefined references to libpng
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 02:15:27 +0800

I updated to the latest CVS today after almost a week of not working
on this. I got a few errors midway through 'make' about undefined
references to libpng functions:

../libbase/.libs/libbase.so: undefined reference to `png_set_IHDR'
../libbase/.libs/libbase.so: undefined reference to `png_create_write_struct'

(and other similar lines)

I copied & pasted the line it was failing on back into the command
line and inserted an "-lpng" into it then hit enter. This worked, but
I had to do it for quite a few files to get it to work, and of course
there's another better solution. I have never yet taken the time to
learn automake / autoconf and how this whole build process works,
beyond what it takes me to build programs I download from CVS.

Can somebody more competent at these things fix this? I'm looking at you Rob :)

- Mike