[Gnash] Re: Another Build Error

From: Gian Paolo Mureddu
Subject: [Gnash] Re: Another Build Error
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:35:01 -0600

I'm replying to this message I found on the mailing list archives. First post here.

First of all, let me thank you for the effort you making by bringing a free Flash implementation to the *nix world.

Looking through the reply Andrew Barr got about this problem, to remove the player.cpp and player.h instances from Makefile.am, I have to say I don't seem to have such entries on my copy of Makefile (gotten from CVS a few minutes ago), but still have the problem regarding the plugin. So how can I prevent the plugin from being built?

Also, and please tell me if this requires a separate thread, even though the plugin wouldn't build, the gnash stand alone player did build, but I don't seem to be able to get any sound from the movies I've got (Linspire mock of The Doors "Light my fire", "RunLinspire", or the "Elvis" test movie) even when I passed to configure "--enable-mp3" (and I do have the MAD libraries and devel packages installed).
Any advice?

Thanks.