Re: [Gnash] test cases

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] test cases
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:41:16 -0700

strk wrote:

What about using .as files rather then .swf ones ?
Upcoming ming release would be able to build .swf from them
(if pure actionscript).

A .as file is what Ming can compile into a flash movie ? I'd think that's fine, as the testing process could then run the Ming compiler to produce the movie to be played.

Of course eventual Ming bugs would make the tests unstable,
but this is also true for bugs in other compilers.

This is true for any testing that depends on other tools. We might get caught up in Ming bugs occasionally, but hopefully Ming can also use these .as test cases for it's own testing.

        - rob -