[Gnash-dev] Gnash and Chromium

From: scott092707
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash and Chromium
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 19:19:24 -0500

Is there any way to get Gnash to work with Chromium?

Since (I believe) version 37, Chromium supposedly does not use Plug-Ins.
The about://plugins (something like that) showed flash as {disabled}, and I couldn't play anything without it saying to download the latest Flash.

I did run across a mention of PepperFlash, and having found it in the repositories for [L]ubuntu 14.10, installed it and it works, but...

I have been using Gnash for Firefox, and earlier versions of Chromium, and would like to continue to do so.

Has anyone tried to swap a copy of Gnash for the PepperFlash .so file (perhaps renaming it, or making a [soft?] link?

(by the way - what IS the  .so  extension?)

Is there some other way to install it for Chromium?

-Scott