Re: [Gnash-dev] GNU Gnash - Future of the free Flash-Player

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GNU Gnash - Future of the free Flash-Player
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 07:43:17 +0200

Houbey writes:

> Hi people!

Hi,

> I'm Houbey from Germany. I wanted to ask how it looks in the future,
> with new internet video site support? Here in Germany there is still a great
> video platform called MyVideo.de and can also support TV platforms such as:
>
> RTL Now: http://rtl-now.rtl.de/
> Vox Now: http://www.voxnow.de/
> RTL Nitro Now: http://www.rtlnitronow.de/
> Sat.1 TV: http://www.sat1.de/tv

I'm a little bit off-topic and promoting another free software
project. I hope this is OK with the rest of the list.

I'm maintaining a project called Linterna Mágica, [1] that is not a
flash implementation, but rather a replacement for video. It replaces
flash video objects with an HTML object tag that renders a browser video
plugin (Totem, VLC, gecko-media-player, Xine etc.). For now it relies on
the userscript concept and works with GNU IceCat, Firefox Abrowser,
Iceweasel, Epiphany, Midori and few proprietary browsers (AFAIK) that
are not meant to be supported. I'm using a regular expression approach,
so sometimes it works with first-time-visit websites. Its not perfect
either and not everithing works/(can work) with it. The current stable
version works alongside Gnash and you can switch between Gnash and
Linterna Mágica without reloading the page. It does not need Gnash and
can work without any flash plugin at all.

Once Linterna Mágica worked with MyVideo.de, but now it seems it does
not. They must have changed something. I'll see if I can fix it.

Regards,
Ivaylo