Re: [Gnash-dev] firefox plugin feature request

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] firefox plugin feature request
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:51:01 -0600

Hi, I've filed a bug report as you requested:

 gnash plugin on lucid Edit

    lucid-backports
    Bugs
    Bug #1041630

Thanks for your help!

Patrick

On 08/23/2012 09:16 PM, Micah Gersten wrote:
On 08/22/2012 11:56 AM, Patrick Alken wrote:
Hello all,

   I would like to try out the latest gnash firefox plugin, but there
does not seem to be anything pre-compiled available for download. I'm
using an older release of ubuntu which only ships with a very old
version of gnash (0.8.7) and I understand newer versions are much
improved.

Adobe Flash has always made available a simple .so file for download
which you just stick in your mozilla/plugins folder and it just works,
regardless of your linux distro. Why can't gnash do something similar?
I think this would encourage many more people to give it a try if you
provided a .so file which just works.
If you'd request an official backport from precise to lucid [1], I'd be
happy to process it if you're willing to test it.  I've been wanting to
SRU [2] it for a while, but haven't done the paperwork or the testing.

Thanks,
Micah Gersten
Ubuntu Developer

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/lucid-backports/+filebug