Re: [Gnash-dev] About blendmode(SWF8) support

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] About blendmode(SWF8) support
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:19:43 +0100

Christian, you're welcome at trying.

But before jumping on the math consider producing a testcase
you can use to prove your future code right.
Our testsuite does have support for checking the color of pixels
(with tolerance) which should let you do that.
Alternatively (or in addition) changes are that the ActionScript
Bitmap class would let you do the checking w/out external code
which would mean producing a self-contained testcase.

What I'm talking about should be discussed more deeply on the wiki
and possibly on the manual page.

It it scares you too much we're also happy with just the math,
but if you want to learn about community coding take testing
seriously as your peers are more easily convinced about the goodness
of your coding if it goes with automated testcases :)

--strk;