Re: [Gnash-dev] Reducing spam on the gnashdev wiki

From: Jeff Nowakowski
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Reducing spam on the gnashdev wiki
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:13:20 -0400

On 08/31/2011 11:56 AM, Rob Savoye wrote:

   We do get a certain amount of minor edits, mostly spelling fixes and
URL updates, but I'd assume those folks won't mind asking if it's clear
we're just trying to reduce spam.

As somebody who likes to contribute these kinds of edits (not to Gnash, per se, but to Wikipedia and other wikis I happen to run across), if I have to register then I'm not going to bother.

I don't know if the wiki software you are using supports it, but a model that holds first-time edits for approval (based on either IP address or new account status) would stop the spam and allow anonymous editing.