Re: [Gnash-dev] MediaParser interface

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] MediaParser interface
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:05:11 +0200

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:28:57PM +0200, Jonas 'Sortie' Termansen wrote:
> On 07/22/2011 10:20 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> >
> >Right, there's no way to "wait" for next frame.
> >All you can do is check and sleep, until parsingCompleted().
> Unfortunately, that is not what parsingCompleted() does. It is used
> to see if the media playback is done. It should be renamed to
> playbackCompleted().

"Playback" is out of MediaParser scope.

What MediaParser does is parse the input and prepare packets of
audio and video tagged with a timestamp and put them in two queues
of the size (in milliseconds) specified by user.
Also allows seeking to a point in time and refill the buffers from
the new position.

Now, how can you tell if there's audio in a stream using such
an object ? I guess you should keep taking items off the buffers
to let MediaParser go on with parsing until it's looked at the
whole input, making sure not to seek away from audio (like jumping
to the very end, when audio is finished).

I think "parsingCompleted()" means the MediaParser has nothing more
to read for filling the queues up the point requested by user.